Welcome to the Congregation Or Hadash building web page! This is the place for news, information, photos and discussions about our new home. Together, we are building our first permanent home. Comments are welcome, leave yours today!

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Our Building-Our Future: Reflections Over Pesach

Twas the morning of the first Seder night
I was very busy and my kitchen was a sight
Matzah balls were boiling and gefilte fish was chilling
Then I received a call that was really thrilling

Andy Kauss said be at my office, 1 o’clock is the time
We’re ready to get your signature on the dotted line
Steve Wertheim’s contacts with Sun Trust Bank truly showed
We were ready to purchase property on Trowbridge Road

Can you believe it was just one year ago this week
Of all that we have accomplished, I am proud to speak
Ma Nish Ta Nah our members soon will be saying
With visions of our future home where we’ll be praying

We’re not there yet, but we are getting closer every day
We are counting on you and you know just what to say
Yes, I will pledge if I have not done it yet
I can stretch my pledge to give more, you bet
I will add a 6th year because I clearly understand
$5 million is needed to build something really grand

At our Seder tables we will relive the Exodus story
We’ll ask questions and retell the plagues that were gory
We’ll remember the struggle and hardship and tears
We wander in the dessert for so many years
Thankful for the seas parting, we celebrate freedom and we eat
We conclude saying next year in Jerusalem, what a joyous treat

I wish you a happy Pesach and good times with family and friends too
It has been an historic journey I have traveled this year with each of you

Shabbat Shalom,

Sherry Frank, President

No comments:

Post a Comment